Friday, February 15, 2008

Bread and butter issues

As a voter I am not only interested in the big picture but also in the micro picture, that is the bread and butter issues that affect us in our daily lives. There are plenty of these issues. Let me talk about something that affects many people including this blogger.

This is the distribution of pills. Anyone who has ever needed this service, knows about the enormous wait to get these pills. I can get them only through the help of a relative who generously goes through the hassle for me. I hope that the belated entry of the 'Pharmacy of your choice' will go a long way to alleviate this problem.

However I dread the day whenever pills have to be collected because the availability of certain medicines is like a lottery. You never know whether they will be available. In my case there is one particular medicine which is rarely available because Government says it is too expensive.

Government never allows discounts on taxes expensive or not. I thought that we pay taxes so that we can get a service. Therefore before any of the parties continue to offer so many tax rebates why don't we spend any surplus (!) money we might have to ensure that existing services are provided efficiently?

No comments: